Still waiting for this kinda happiness..
I am a huge fan of one of the most epic sit-coms of all time- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. And I’m absolutely certain there are millions who still love the show.
Needless to say, I obviously have seen each and every episode ( 24 episodes X 10 seasons = 240 episodes ). But recently I felt a very strong desire to watch FRIENDS all over again. No, I am NOT jobless! This in fact is a very crucial time of my life. But escapism is my forte.
SO……. This post is an ode to one of my dearest television shows ever.
Things I LOVE about F.R.I.E.N.D.S :
- All the actors are (were) so cute! Don’t you agree?
- The show is hilariously funny..!!
- All the actors are perfect for their respective roles! They all are great actors too.
- I love the cohesiveness of the group. Love to see their everlasting friendship.
- Show’s scriptwriting is AH-mazzing. No doubts about that. The show makes you laugh and cry from time to time.
- Strong character sketch of all 6 of the lead characters.
- Chandler and Monica! Bestest couple ever. The episode where Chandler proposes to Monica and vice-versa got (Many) tears in my eyes. It was just beautiful. My eyes still get wet when I watch that scene. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQ9xssFrL4
- ROSS! Oh gosh. He’s so damn adorable! Silly at times, honest, has a heart of gold, kind, considerate, passionate. My favorite character.
- Rachel! She’s witty, cute, hot, stylish and a lot of other things. Who can not love her?
- Chandler’s inappropriate use of humor. He’s such a funny guy.
- Phoebe’s sheer randomness. She’s extremely sensible at times and plain dumb at times. Her quirky-ness gives a vibrant color to the show.
- Joey’s lovable stupidity! His unconditional love for food (& unquenchable hunger). His cuteness and his smile!
- Monica’s dedication for cooking. Her OCD doesn’t distract one from loving her.
- They all are GREAT friends. I wish I had a friend as supportive and understanding as these people.
Things I DO NOT like about F.R.I.E.N.D.S :
- Show’s ending. Other than not really liking how the show ended, I hated the fact that the show ended! Why couldn’t they give us a few more seasons??
- Joey’s ending. Poor guy didn’t get a chance to find his soul mate / life partner. On top of that was left by his neighbors cum best friends in the end of the series (as Monica and Chandler moved out)
- One Thing I don’t exactly dislike about the show but feel very sad about : Monica’s biggest wish right from childhood was to have babies. It’s so sad that she coudn’t give birth to a baby and had to resort to surrogacy.
Though the hoax has been cleared out about FRIENDS ‘Reunion’ season, I still wish to see them together. Rooting for a new season!
“Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.”
― Anne Frank
The feeling of “being grown up” can be amazing and liberating. But at times the same can be intimidating.
I am feeling the load of being a grown up these days. It’s not as easy as I used to think.
It was my decision for pursuing my Masters from abroad, and there’s no looking back now. I know at the end of the day, I have to put in efforts at each step of the whole process. There are times when I feel like giving up and feel I just cannot do this without help. From preparing for GRE and TOEFL exams, researching about a million things all day on the internet, talking to people for advice, sending emails to university professors,preparing the Letters of Recommendation and Statement of Purpose, to short-listing universities and applying; I’ve had to deal with tons of anxiety and apprehension. Though I’ve reached far from where I started (Thinking about studying in the U.S in 2012), there are times I feel too burdened with all the responsibilities. I feel too alone!
How is one supposed to handle SO much alone? Keeping track of all the data, managing it,organizing etc.. I don’t think by requiring a little help I’m being irrational. And the worst part is, I just can’t find help!
Working your a** off , without any help/guidance, is more difficult when your own parents have doubts about you. Instead of providing constant unrelenting motivation and support, they tell you “You still have time to change your decision” , “Are sure you want to do this? It’s not easy..We have doubts”, “How are you going to survive there?” blah blah . I mean, come on!! I am already so damn nervous about things and have taken this decision with a lot of courage. I need your faith in me! (PLEASE). I need you to trust me and support me.
How do people do it? I can’t stop wondering! So many Indians have gone to the U.S for further studies. How did they do it? I feel like taking guidance from some experienced person at each and every stage of the application process. Why do they have such an excruciatingly complex procedure for admission??
Anyway… I am not loosing my positive-thinking-approach to life. I will keep daring to dream big!
”Every single second is an opportunity to change your life, because in any moment you can change the way you feel.”
P.S- If you are also an International applicant who’s applying to grad school in the U.S like me, Please contact me. Please.