I am a huge fan of one of the most epic sit-coms of all time- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. And I’m absolutely certain there are millions who still love the show.
Needless to say, I obviously have seen each and every episode ( 24 episodes X 10 seasons = 240 episodes 😀 ). But recently I felt a very strong desire to watch FRIENDS all over again. No, I am NOT jobless! This in fact is a very crucial time of my life. But escapism is my forte.
SO……. This post is an ode to one of my dearest television shows ever.
Things I LOVE about F.R.I.E.N.D.S :
- All the actors are (were) so cute! Don’t you agree?
- The show is hilariously funny..!! 😀
- All the actors are perfect for their respective roles! They all are great actors too.
- I love the cohesiveness of the group. Love to see their everlasting friendship.
- Show’s scriptwriting is AH-mazzing. No doubts about that. The show makes you laugh and cry from time to time.
- Strong character sketch of all 6 of the lead characters.
- Chandler and Monica! Bestest couple ever. The episode where Chandler proposes to Monica and vice-versa got (Many) tears in my eyes. It was just beautiful. My eyes still get wet when I watch that scene. 🙂 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQ9xssFrL4
- ROSS! Oh gosh. He’s so damn adorable! Silly at times, honest, has a heart of gold, kind, considerate, passionate. My favorite character.
- Rachel! She’s witty, cute, hot, stylish and a lot of other things. Who can not love her?
- Chandler’s inappropriate use of humor. He’s such a funny guy.
- Phoebe’s sheer randomness. She’s extremely sensible at times and plain dumb at times. Her quirky-ness gives a vibrant color to the show.
- Joey’s lovable stupidity! His unconditional love for food (& unquenchable hunger). His cuteness and his smile!
- Monica’s dedication for cooking. Her OCD doesn’t distract one from loving her.
- They all are GREAT friends. I wish I had a friend as supportive and understanding as these people.
Things I DO NOT like about F.R.I.E.N.D.S :
- Show’s ending. Other than not really liking how the show ended, I hated the fact that the show ended! Why couldn’t they give us a few more seasons??
- Joey’s ending. Poor guy didn’t get a chance to find his soul mate / life partner. On top of that was left by his neighbors cum best friends in the end of the series (as Monica and Chandler moved out)
- One Thing I don’t exactly dislike about the show but feel very sad about : Monica’s biggest wish right from childhood was to have babies. It’s so sad that she coudn’t give birth to a baby and had to resort to surrogacy.
Though the hoax has been cleared out about FRIENDS ‘Reunion’ season, I still wish to see them together. Rooting for a new season!