So far so good…
This is probably coming a little late.
I had to write this post. Just had to.
So I completed one month in this new life, new city on September 15th. I felt numb for a moment when I realized I started on this all new journey a month back! Time is flying at such a high speed. And I’m loving it. This is how it should be. This is what I wanted.
It’s almost still too hard to believe what a turn my life has taken. I feel so thankful and so proud of myself. Constantly coaxing myself to come out of my shell has been fruitful. Keeping modesty aside for a while, I want to give all credits to myself. Well done Girl!!
Apart from being proud of myself, there are a few things I wanted to write about. So here it goes..
- In the past few days, I have come across so many different kinds of people. Good, bad and some very good ones. And what I’ve learnt is, wherever you go, you’ll always find all types of people. This is what I have been telling friends and family members whenever they ask me “How are the people there?”. And another thing I’ve learnt (again) is that never ever take first impressions seriously. First impression is so NOT the last impression!
- I feel genuinely happy and excited to have made new friends. In fact I don’t think I have ever been so psyched about making new friends before! As initiating new friendships has always been very difficult for me. This might sound strange since I’ve led a life wherein I had to change schools every 2-3 years, i.e. make new friends every 2-3 years. Frankly speaking, I used to be petrified every time I arrived in a new place, but anyhow, I’m glad I still ended up making good friends.
- I have been noticing a few positive changes in myself that make me very happy. Like, my optimism is back; I feel more confident, I feel ready for new experiences; I am pushing myself to be more sociable (Ok, just a tad bit); I feel more self-sufficient and finally I am liking myself more.
- Finally, I’m not over-thinking about things. Just going with the flow. Let’s how for how long I can maintain this. 😛
- Except for the once-in-a-while occurrences of pangs of loneliness, I am thoroughly enjoying SOLITUDE. And I’ve realized where ever I am, I will always need my ‘alone time’ to maintain my sanity every now and then. There’s no better time than ME time 🙂
- My faith in humanity has been restored after coming across some really really helpful people. These people make me feel so pleasant & delighted about the world we’re living in. I’d like to express my heartfelt gratitude to all those here. Thank you so much and may God bless you. 🙂
[ Update: 29th September: I was wrong. I can never ever STOP over- thinking. That’s my thing! 😛 ]
Except these goody-goody things, there are a few negatives as well.
- I am still lazy. After being jobless for a year and being at home doing nothing productive, I thought I’ll be ‘ready for hard work’ when I join Grad School. Nothing like that is happening. I am still ridiculously lazy and procrastinating like a Pro! Doing homework and assignments on the last minute. I had decided I will be a good student from now on. But I don’t why there’s lack of motivation. This is something I do not feel good about. I want to be better. I want to more productive and hard working.
- Due to the same old laziness, I’m not too happy with my eating habits. I’ve lost weight unlike others. I hate being skinny and now I am trying to gain weight by eating fattening food. It’s hilarious 😛
- I used to be boastful about my memory and mindfulness. But nowadays, when I try to recall events or conversations, it all seems like a blur. Every things hazy. If you ask me what happened a couple of days back, I will have to think hard and still recall faintly about things. Since the time I’ve been here, I feel like I’ve become more absent-minded.
- Apart from that, I am doing something here that I never thought I would EVER do. I am washing utensils myself! Haha this is something my parents feel very proud about 😛
Not that anybody cares. But I wrote this post because I want my Future-self to look back and read this and realize how I felt in my initial days.
I will update this post as I remember more stuff. Till then thanks for dropping by.